All our esteemed consumers who are currently paying their electricity bills through RTGS/NEFT are hereby informed of the following important development.
- The current system of RTGS/NEFT payment wherein everyone pays into one Account Number 100135003100001 IFSC code IBLK0108SIC and subsequently logs in and enters their payment details like UTR number etc., in the departmental portal shall be discontinued w.e.f. 01/09/2018.
- The new system will be simpler and there will be no need for the consumer to make any entries anywhere after payment.
- Any payments made to the above account w.e.f. 01/09/2018 will not be accepted and the payment so received shall be returned forthwith to the sender bank.
All consumers are requested to follow the methodology outlined below for making RTGS/NEFT payments w.e.f. 01/09/2018
HOW TO MAKE ELECTRICITY PAYMENTS THROUGH RTGS/NEFT FOR CONSUMERS BEING BILLED FROM GANGTOK, SINGTAM, RANGPO AND JORETHANG BILLING CENTRES
The process involves one time application by the interested consumer to the concerned Assistant Engineer expressing desire to make electricity payments through RTGS/NEFT route. Upon receipt of the application, the concerned Assistant Engineer forwards the application with recommendation to the Information Technology cell of the department at Gangtok. Upon receipt of a valid application, a unique account number will be allocated to the consumer by SISCO Bank, Gangtok, which will be linked to the consumer’s electricity account number.Upon receiving official confirmation from the department, the consumer can then start paying the electricity bill to the assigned unique bank account number and IFSC code through RTGS/NEFT. Such payments will be updated in the usual manner and the consumer will receive payment confirmation through e-mail and SMS if the consumer is registered in the departmental portal.
To summarize, the steps required to be taken by the consumer in order to make electricity payment through RTGS/NEFT are as follows
1. Apply formally to the concerned Assistant Engineer requesting to make electricity payments through RTGS/NEFT route.
2. Wait for a unique account number that will be allocated to the consumer by SISCO Bank, Gangtok.
3. Upon receipt of the unique account number, carefully record this number along with the IFSC code of the designated bank (i.e. SISCO Bank, Gangtok).
4. Make all future electricity payments to this number using the IFSC code as provided.
Note: RTGS/NEFT payments as described above are only for consumers being billed from Gangtok, Singtam, Rangpo and Jorethang billing centres.